Celestron Starry Night Software is an astronomy software package that provides resources, and a knowledge base, to help you observe our solar system and thousands of other celestial objects.
Starry Night Complete Space and Astronomy Pack (CSAP) is provided with every Celestron telescope. The version of Starry Night that you receive depends on the telescope you purchased; the Special Edition is included with most computerised telescopes, while most non-computerised telescopes include the Basic Edition.
Starry Night includes the following features:
- Information about the best celestial objects to view based on your time and location
- General information on astronomy and celestial objects
- Detailed information about the night sky looks now, years ago, and into the future—perfect for planning the ideal time to view a celestial events from your observing site
- For computerised telescopes bundled with Starry Night Special Edition, the software allows you to control your telescope via computer.
- Learn how to take astroimages with Starry Night’s tutorials.
See below to determine which version is included with your specific telescope.
- CGEM II
- NexStar SLT, SE, Evolution
- Advanced VX
- Omni XLT German EQ
- Astro Fi
- CPC/CPC Deluxe
- Omni XLT AZ