Celestron have taken their expertise in telescope technology to develop their NexRemote™ Telescope Control Software. The NexRemote software allows a Celestron computerised telescope to be controlled from a personal computer and provides full emulation of every aspect of the Celestron computerised hand control, including:
- Alignment in any tracking mode
- Celestial object database
- Programmable user objects
- Connection to popular planetarium programs
In addition to being a hand control emulator, NexRemote includes several exclusive features that will turn your observing session into a full interactive, multimedia experience:
- Use your favourite planetarium software at the same time as NexRemote
- Custom tour creation
- Use speech support to hear NexRemote say everything out loud
The software was developed for Celestron’s high-end telescopes that use the NexStar control system, including the NexStar SLT and SE series, Advanced VX, CPC, CGEM, and CGE Pro. NexRemote began shipping in March 2005 with select high-end computerised Celestron telescopes, and now ships with several of our telescope series. Contact your Celestron dealer to find out which models include NexRemote. NexRemote software comes with an RS-232 cable to connect your Celestron telescope to a PC.
If you already own a compatible Celestron computerised telescope and want to take it to the next level of convenience and enjoyment, NexRemote software can be downloaded for free here (please note that you will need a RS-232 cable and a serial-to-USB adapter).
- NexStar GT
- NexStar SLT
- NexStar SE
- Advanced VX
- Discontinued Celestron NexStar 8/9.25/11 GPS
- Discontinued Celestron NexStar 5i/8i/8i SE
- Discontinued Celestron Advanced Computerised
- PC compatible (233MHz Pentium II or better is required)
- Windows 98SE or later is required for basic operation
- Windows NT, 2000, or XP is required for Virtual Port operation
- NexRemote will not work with 64-bit version of Windows Vista
- DirectX 7 or later must be installed (download for free here)
- SAPI 5.1 or later is required for speech support (download for free here)
- MDAC 2.5 or later is required for tour editing. If no database entries are displayed when you launch NexTour, download this update for free by clicking here.
- RS-232 serial port (or USB-to-serial /PCMCIA-to-serial adapter)
- PC port (programming) or HC serial cable. Note that an additional device is required when using NexStar GT telescopes; please contact technical support for more details.
Note: Virtually any gamepad can be configured to work with NexRemote. Read the help files for details.