Celestron’s SkyPortal planetarium and telescope control app is an astronomy suite that redefines how you experience the night sky. With SkyPortal you can explore our Solar System, 120,000+ stars, over 200 star clusters, nebulae, galaxies, and dozens of asteroids, comets, and satellites—including the International Space Station too. SkyPortal includes everything that you need to experience the night sky in a more exciting new interactive way.
With SkyPortal you can control and automatically align your compatible Celestron telescope from your mobile device using StarSense and WiFi technology (StarSense Autoalign and SkyPortal WiFi Module sold separately).
The experts at Celestron have partnered with the renowned app developers at SkySafari to provide the best planetarium experience you’ll find in a free mobile app. SkyPortal is compatible with both iOS and Android devices. SkyPortal includes the following features:
- Celestron’s All-Star Polar Alignment routine, allowing you to easily polar align your German Equatorial or wedge-mounted Alt-AZ mount, without accessories that aid in polar alignment
- Introducing Tilt-to-slew feature. Slew your mount by simply tilting your phone/tablet.
- French and Italian localisation
- Augmented reality feature
- Compass Mode enables you to hold your device up to the night sky and instantly identify stars, planets, galaxies, and more. Zoom in to view fainter objects not visible to the naked eye.
- View a custom list of all the best celestial objects to view based on your time, date, and location.
- Simulate the night sky up to 100 years in the past or future to plan your observing session. Look ahead to see when Jupiter’s Great Red Spot will be visible. Or animate a lunar eclipse such as the “Blood Moon” so you know what to expect before you set up your telescope.
- View hundreds of astronomical photographs and NASA spacecraft images. Or listen to more than four hours of audio narration to learn the history, mythology, and science of the heavens.
- Night Vision Mode helps you preserve your eyesight after dark.
COMPUTERISED TELESCOPE CONTROL
Pair your device to your compatible Celestron WiFi telescope, such as NexStar Evolution, or any compatible Celestron telescope equipped with the SkyPortal WiFi Module (formerly SkyQ-Link). Fast and easy alignment options allow you to align your telescope in minutes without any prior knowledge of the night sky. Tap any object and your telescope automatically centers it in the eyepiece.
SkyPortal’s telescope alignment incorporates advanced mount modelling, providing better pointing accuracy than other telescope systems that rely on a dedicated computer.